Dance Houston works with college students to develop their professional skills through on-the-job training. Students with specialized skills work within their areas of interest, including website and graphic design, IT, accounting, event coordination, and business administration. For paid internships, check with your university work-study programs to see if there are any opportunities available. All other internships are unpaid, yet they provide excellent training and mentoring for students.
- Interest in dance, non-profit administration, and/or community service
- 60 hours minimum over a duration of 6 weeks or longer (build-your-own-schedule)
- Ability to perform clerical duties such as typing and making phone calls
- Transportation to/from events and meetings or ability to work from remote locations
- Special projects available for leaders and educators who can commit 5-10 hrs/wk for 3+ months
- Challenging projects that provide on-the-job work experience in the unique environment of a nonprofit arts organization
- Being a part of a team of dedicated professionals and volunteers who enjoy our work and take pride in the services we provide the community
- Flexible schedule
- A letter of recommendation detailing management-level responsibilities, work ethic, and teamwork
- Good vibes about working for an organization that is doing good for others!
Send email stating your area of interest and general availability to email@example.com. Students of No Limits may register for camp to be eligible for an internship.